About Me

My Photo
Texas, United States

Thursday, September 26, 2013

ILLUSTRATION AND PAINT PARTY FRIDAY - Together

http://illustrationfriday.com/ 
Together



This piece has a long, long history.  It has literally been 30 years in the making many of which were spent in a closet.  It began life as a brand new canvas while I was in college.  It was an entirely different painting then.

After circling the family in that form for a few years, it arrived back to me at which point I decided to reuse the canvas.  The orange cat belonged to my new husband and the black one was mine.  They have bothe long ago gone to kitty paradise.  Their setting has changed from a desert scene to a tropical one, from a paned arched window to no window, from a Spanish stucco wall to a - whatever, etc, etc, etc.

In my new endeavor to finish old pieces, I have spent the last week working on this one which I call "Together".  It is mixed media using  acrylics, collage, colored pencils and a little gel pen.  There are elements I am not totally pleased with but, hey, IT'S FINISHED! 

I have one other canvass that I have fiddled with for almost as long.  I guess that is my next challenge.

Thanks for viewing.
 Linking to
Collage Obsession, Dream View  

Artists in Blogland

Paint Party Friday
 Paint Party Friday




18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad it is happy.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful colourful work with a great theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, they are so unique little fur persons. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. Lovely and lively, wonderful piece! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, Fran! You can see how intently they are looking at the gorgeous view. And the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I visited your blog, "So Artful Challenges" and am now a follower. I love art challenges.

      Delete
  6. Fantastic work and great history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so beautiful, what a lovely way to remember your little kitties. I love the patchwork of colours and that multi-coloured parrot is so striking! An excellent room with a view!

    ReplyDelete