Autumn Spirit


While I was busy packing for our move, my supplies were limited. I drew two detailed pieces during this time using materials available to me which were ball point pens and a few colored pencils.  Inspired by the 1986 movie "Legend", I used the image of Oona the fairy and the blood moon to create the magic mood of an autumn night. 


Winter is coming...uh oh.  It is here and with a vengeance.  I have seen so many photos of deep snow that many of you are experiencing.  I love snow, a little of it anyway and for a short period of time.  Stay warm friends, and safe.

Meanwhile here on the Texas Gulf coast, we are having our winter of 40 degrees.. Oh brrrr, you say.  Yes we are lucky, and how about that stunning full moon we had last night.   Oh my!  

That Old Devil Moon

 Linking up to Paint Party Friday Come on over and party with us.







Comments

  1. Oona is stunning ... I really love the pencil crayon work, Fran! One of my most favourite artists ever, Anne Yvonne Gilbert, only uses crayons too.

    The moon has been absolutely spectacular up here the last two nights! Sadly, neither my phone or my camera can ever get a good shot of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Insomniac. You encourage me to post some past drawings that I have done with ball point. I have seen some spectacular examples and it is fun. I love the moon. Guess it is a feminine witchey thing.

      Delete
  2. Oooo Oona and the blood moon is gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful drawing of Oona and the blood moon. It has a magical atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carola, for visiting my post.

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a stunning drawing! Magical and mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is absolutely amazing and magical Fran... especially if you had limited supplies and in the middle of packing. Amazing photo of the full moon too.
    A delightful post and thank you for sharing ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for visiting and leaving a nice comment Neesie.

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous fairy, I love her and that fall feeling is wonderful! Beautiful moon too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment