Monday, February 29, 2016

29 Faces for Februay

 

I DID IT


The challenge for February was to draw, paint or whatever 29 faces.  So I fudged a little. Not all of
mine are human but there are 29 Faces for February http://29faces.blogspot.com/p/feb-2016.html 
  
             1. Wildflower, Version 1 
2. Wildflower, Version 2
3. Wildflower, Version 3
4. Mama Cactus  
5. Big Sister Cactus
6. Little Sister Cactus
7. Bubba
    Mama Cactus and Her Pups
8 and 9.  Me and My Cousin,3 .5x2.5

These were all done using my own photos
10. The Smile
11. Luca
12. Flute Player
13. There's a Bluebird On
           My Shoulder
14.Compendium
15. Flower Girl
16. Mermaid
17. Hubby
18. Boy With a Crooked Bow Tie

Online references were used for numbers #10, 11, 16, and 18. They were drawn for my own use, and not for sale.















19. Island Girl
20. Side Eye Guy
21.  Pout
22. Girl in a Scarf
23. Cat Face
24. Youth
25. Age
    This is My Cat
26. Rock Fan

Online references were used for numbers #19, 21,22. 23 and 24.  They were drawn for my own use, and not for sale.





My last four faces were done with ball point pens and/or gel pens. I love drawing and painting with ball point pens but doing fair flesh tones with them maybe impossible. The "Rock Fan" has an extremely pink complexion. I felt it needed blending which I accomplished by using a flesh colored oil pastel.
  
Rock Fan  photo courtesy  Anne McClay
#27 Turban (magazine photo reference)











#28 Tears
#29 Blue Eyes (magazine photo reference)






















A great challenge which kept me working and practicing my faces.  I do wish I had tried more masculine faces though.  They are the real challenge.  




Linking to 
Show Your Face
Paint Party Friday


















6 comments:

  1. Love your faces! I especially like Bow With a Crooked Bow Tie--he seems to be from another era. Love. Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so inspired and amazed with your 29 faces. I loved doing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful expressive faces!
    I'm visiting via Creative Everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your faces are great. Such fun. I agree they don't all need to be human :) I only found the challenge this year and loving it.

    ReplyDelete

DRINK UP

April    Snooping around and found this  wonderful blog Altered Book Lovers and it's drinks challenge.   The little file cabi...