Kids!



Me and My Cuz



Kids, You can talk and talk til your face is blue.
Kids, but they still do just what they want to do.
Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way. 
Oh what's the matter with kids today? 


Words of a verse from the song "Kids'
from  the musical Bye Bye Birdie.  

Playing again this week with faces for 29 Faces in February.
 I hope everyone is having as much fun with their month long challenge as I am.
.

 I drew Me and My Cuz using a Bic mechanical pencil on a small piece of 3.5 x 2.5" stained illustration board with an old family photo as my source.  My little cousin and I are both a bit older now, and we were of course perfect kids.  I am the grinning one with the curly hair.  The sun was in our eyes.  Photo rules way back when were that the sun must always be to the photographers back.  Thus the subjects were always grimacing.

#10
My grand children visited last summer.  I bought a toy flute for them to play with.  However, the repeated toots drove us to sending them outside to play it.  I wanted to draw my grandson from a photo that I took but no matter how much I tweaked and corrected my drawing it never looked like him.  So it is just an imaginary little boy, "The Piper".  I am working in mechanical pencil with accents of color for this series.  This one is pencil with watercolor and colored pencil accents.



#11
#12

























The eyes have it.  I found a couple of photos that really spoke to me.   The little girl had really striking blue eyes and an absolutely  fantastic smile.   I drew her in  pencil with watercolor and collage.  The little boy has such a serious expression, so opposite from the little girl.  Great expressions which I tried to reproduce with justice.

Posting also in  Paint Party Friday.  Jump over for a look.
Thanks for visiting.




Comments

  1. Love all if your faces ...I absolutely love doing this challenge even if the time limit does stress me out sometimes. I always gave trouble getting kids faces to look right and men are just Dien right difficult ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I agree, I thought I would have more faces done by now, but no. Now I see I will be pressed to make the quota.

      Delete
  2. Love all if your faces ...I absolutely love doing this challenge even if the time limit does stress me out sometimes. I always gave trouble getting kids faces to look right and men are just Dien right difficult ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just adore all these sweet faces....they are stunning...you and your cousin too!! Funny about the flute...you won't do that again!! lol

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your are right Giggles. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful faces. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh my. These are spectacular. My favorite is the little boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too Nicole. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. LOVE Bye Bye Birdie! I was in the play in 7th grade--such fun. All your kids have such lovely expressions and eyes. Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dea. I am glad you dropped in to view my kids.

      Delete
  7. You do really good faces, Fran! I've never been able to do them properly. All my nudes were headless back in University. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I know what you mean. Faces (and clothes) were not stressed in schoo.. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  8. hello,
    your faces are wonderful
    full of life and vitality
    so inviting .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts