Sunday, March 20, 2016

Texas Spring













Spring is bustin' out all over!










I am loving spring in my backyard this year.  




There is a small grapefruit tree in my yard that is full of white flowers.  I wish I had "smell-o-blog" because they smell heavenly.




 I found this gorgeous photo taken this spring near Fredericksburg, Texas by photographer Hein Nguyen.  Spectacular and I know they smell wonderful.  I won't get to drive through the bluebonnet trail this year because I am leaving Texas spring and headed to snowy Buffalo, N.Y. to have Easter with my grand kids. 

What I have been painting this week

I found some little canvas painting kits at Tuesday Morning for 99 cents so I have been making some little paintings.  The canvasses already had a circle drawn on them so I am making use of  it. My first on is "Goose 'n Moth" at the beginning of this post.  The one I am currently working on will be called "Swan".  I seem to be on a duck and goose trend with these little paintings.

Steps 1 and 2
Step 3 and 4

 

9 comments:

  1. Really beautiful! Spring sounds so amazing! We still have cold inToronto and I think we are expecting more snow!!! I would love to live in warmer place. Truly! :D Happy PPF and beautiful artwork and photos! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am headed for Buffalo day after tomorrow. Guess I will get to see a little bit of snow.

      Delete
    2. And thanks for visiting my post.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that blue bonnet trail looks spectacular! The goose and moth are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your pics of your backyard - looks so pleasant. And your paintings are great - I especially like the "swan" - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful your home....Loved your pics!
    Much Love Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring really is bustin out there. So pretty. Love the art and the photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your colorful spring post !
    ~~ Irene

    ReplyDelete

DRINK UP

April    Snooping around and found this  wonderful blog Altered Book Lovers and it's drinks challenge.   The little file cabi...