It Was a Good Day




I am falling in love with my new little community, In the year 2000 an idea was born to encourage tourism by placing the Pelican Path Project was born.  Approximately 45 fiberglass penguins were placed around the area and artists were interviewed.  This is one charmingly painted like an artist.

One day this  past week hubby and I set off on a little adventure.  There are several intriguing little shops around town but they are  best explored with my daughter rather than hubby.  A story for another day.   So, we set off to stroll one of the many walking trails scattered throughout the town. This park had a beautiful little butterfly park, a huge ancient oak -( hi sweetie),  some wildlife and then some cool refreshment at our favorite pub at our favorite table with a great view. Yes it was a very good day.


I have been working on this piece off and on for the better part of a week.  I think now I can finally call it finished. These were both done for a challenge on "Color Me Positive" https://www.facebook.com/groups/1712426162335330/
 The first one is for the theme "Hope" and the second theme is "Brave".





Linking up with Paint Party Friday

Comments

  1. Wonderful piece...great imagination on hope and brave... love the diversity in these pieces!! The photos are awesome too... We have had people do huge bears and eagles for art around the city... or should I say province..and they are stunning works all of them!! It always makes life interesting to have art around!! Can't wait to hear the hubby story...lol

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces are wonderful, but the tree has stolen my heart. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Art. What a wonderful coffeehouse.
    Happy weekend ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can't wait to try their coffee. Thank you for visiting

      Delete
  4. Wonderful art, I adore the tree and every seed of hope :)

    Great photos too. Enjoy the weekend!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tree painting and I love the acorn. Very inspirational post!

    Happy PPF!

    Best wishes,
    Liz
    http://www.lizpowley.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a lovely post. I love the art of course but also your photos are wonderful. Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in a very small comunity called Seabrook, Texas. Close to the NASA Space Center. Thank you for visiting

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts