My Drawing Board This Week

Paint Party Friday  
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/ 
 



 I finished finally.  Though I see some shading that still needs to be done, it is pretty much done. I had some great suggestions for names but I remembered a book I read as a kid.  "Brighty of the Grand Canyon.  Therefore I decided to call my burro "Brighty".







Another item I have been working on is this armadillo.  



My first background attempt was disappointing so I cut the armadillo and foreground away from the background...  

and made a new background that was better planned.
I think I like it better.


Some sketches.  Maybe they will go further, and maybe not



For the Mixed Media Monthly challenge of butterflies and blooms, this is an ATC card

 










My beautiful roses and cards  from Mother's Day last Sunday. My two adorable grand kids added some of their art work.
 
 

















Thanks for viewing. Have a great weekend and new week.


Comments

  1. Brightly looks great and I love the armadillo. The ATC is great and love the Minon quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so love Brighty and the armadillo is wonderful! Your sketches are also gorgeous, I especially love the fairy lass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I think I will color the fairy soon.

      Delete
  3. such beautiful work,, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your armadillo! So bright and colourful and I think she works well against the collaged background. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such awesome work, love the name Brighty! Also love the vibrant armadillo! The rest of your sketches are fabulous too!! Thanks for sharing..looks so productive!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giggles. I try to make something each day.

      Delete
  6. Fran, your burro is absolutely marvelous! I remember that book. I love your sketches. You draw so well! The armadillo is darling in his armor of many colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye, Good to find an early reader that has my taste in books.

      Delete
  7. Brighty is so cute! And the colors of armadillo enchants me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your burro is so alive and sweet. The details look great.At first i thought the inspiration was from a photo taken on a Greek island.So many donkeys over there :) Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ozge. Would love to see those Greek islands.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful artwork, the burro is looking amazing! And I sooo love the colours on the armadillo. It's adorable. I love lots of colour and he looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sal. Love your colorful hands too.

      Delete
  10. thanks for sharing your interesting work. So different from mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comments. Thanks

      Delete
  11. Donkeys are among my favorite animals.
    Much talent Fran... Beautiful!
    Lina.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is so lovely but I really like what you have done for the usually ugly armadillo. You made him so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are funny little critters.

      Delete
  13. goodness that is a wonderful week's work... you have amazing skills and a great sense of tone... please accept my apologies for being late for PPF visits ... again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Tracy. No need to apologize. I am not prompt myself. Too much to do.

      Delete
  14. Your "Brightly" looks so kind and beautiful. You have much lovely Art to share.
    All are fine and interesting.
    Have a great Time♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty ATC! Thanks for sharing with us at Mixed Media Monthly. =) I love your drawings too. Brighty of the Grand Canyon is one of my favorite childhood books.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment