Saturday, May 28, 2016

My Week in Review


Week Off


Only two offerings this week for Paint Party Friday.
This one for the theme of "Abundance" for Color Me Positive.
I used ball point pen and graphite pencil here except for her face.  Faces can be obtained with ball point but only in strong color.  I used oil pastels for her face and hand.


This is "Dawn".  She was made with Prismacolor pencils, gel pen and acrylic applied with a rubber stamp.
Linking today with Paint Party Friday

 


 



Very little work was accomplished this week.  I've been on vacation.  Yum, lunch at Mi Tierra in the old Market Square in San Antonio, Tx.  I love that city.  It has been one of my favorite places ever since I was a small child.  The heart of the city is the beautiful river walk and lush, green Brackenridge Park with its winding river, lush gardens and ancient oak trees.




 
Of course one must visit the Alamo no matter how many times one has seen it and I still love the zoo. 





 


San Antonio is a wonderful blend of the very old and the new.







I also accomplished one of my long time wishes, to go up in a helicopter.  It was just a short 45 second ride.  Left me wanting more.


Have a great and safe holiday weekend folks.  Come back next week.







12 comments:

  1. What gorgeous pieces, I so love "Dawn." I'm glad you had such a nice vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pieces are this and thank you for the super impressions of San Antonio!
    Nice to meet you !
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love your colour me positive abundance so much the vibrant colours and her adorable face...so fun...great photos too!! Beautiful work!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE all the color you usd in her face!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, Fran. I love your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful artwork here! :) Thank you for visiting! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thanks for the nice words.

      Delete

DRINK UP

April    Snooping around and found this  wonderful blog Altered Book Lovers and it's drinks challenge.   The little file cabi...