Paint Party Friday



 WIP Friday

Everything on my desk this week is unfinished.  Two more drawings for my  alphabet series.   I made another "A" for the colorful alphabet - a colorful armadillo. I don't know what to do with the background yet.  And then I made a pencil drawing with a collage for the pencil and color alphabet. "D" for doll. This one was made from a photo I took at a flea market. There is something compelling and spooky about these old dolls. And then there is  my little burro still waiting for his body.


 This is what I have done for my colorful alphabet.  Some of these are older paintings and some are new.  Still need an "A" which is on my drawing table now.
  And this is my pencil drawing alpha.  I love pencil and color combined.  Maybe this will be my "style".  Need a B and C for this one.
 

But wait!  I finished the doll and made a couple of little "quickies". Quickies for me take a minimum of two hours.  The caterpillar had two versions but I was just not pleased with the first one.  I  threw it away.  I almost never throw anything away. There is almost always something that can be done though perhaps not according to the original plan. So, I dug it out of the trash, changed day to night and put in some fireflies.  There, I like it better.  Do you throw away disappointing work?

      The bottom one is a watercolor of my grand children in my backyard.  I made it for  a Mothers Day card for my sister in law.  She is like a third grand mother to them.  And a Happy Mothers Day to everyone.  Even if your babies have fur, you are a mother to someone.Linking to Paint Party Friday

  



Comments

  1. Such a feast to see all your colorful work, even if some of them aren´t finished yet! Love the last three on the bottom alot! ♥ Conny http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful paintings, one lovelier than the other. Old dolls really are spooky, that's true! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fran, thank you for commenting on my Snow Queens. It brought me to see your wonderful work. I really think your drawing and "coloring" skills are excellent. I am glad you kept your caterpillar I like the night version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your artwork is just wonderful. Your work fills my eyes--which is the greatest compliment I can give. SO incredibly lovely and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are wonderful! I love the caterpillar, I am so glad you saved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work fun to see each detailed line. That doll drawing captures my heart! I still have my childhood doll of that same era I think. Wishing you another creative week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What extraordinary talent you have! All your art work is beautiful. I especially love the partially done burro. He is stunning! Your doll looks like a doll. The few times I've tried to draw a doll, it looked like a poorly drawn child. So glad I came for a visit this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous works...I have a doll on a stick named Charlotte that is very similar to the old dolls...everyone is creeped out by her except me. She only comes out a Christmas.. but every one gives me a hard time!! Love all of these even the one you felt was a reject!! Turned out beautiful! Yes I will toss something if I can't gesso over it! Have a great weekend!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your beautiful, happy art.
    Have a nice weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much beautiful art! Quite a lot of talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great art this week Fran!!! I have lots of WIP's setting all about my desk :/ I used to throw away art and now I just go over it or rework it . Just this morning I collaged over a lavender field painting that just kept getting worse as I worked on it. I love what you did with the caterpillar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful projects full of wonderful details-I couldn't choose a favorite! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic collection of beautiful colourful art Fran,
    They show just how versatile and talented you are.
    I couldn't believe that you put the caterpillar in the bin. Thank goodness you gave him a second chance.
    Such an inspiring post. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy PPF to you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice paintings ! I love to paint too, pastel or acrylic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE that armadillo! So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment