LITTLE GREEN BANANAS



I have a large clump of banana trees in my backyard. 
 This summer I have harvested two bunches of bananas
 from these trees. 
 They are fairly small and have some spots on them
 but they still taste good.


And they make yummy desserts too.

 
 For World Watercolor Month I painted these little beauties.


 World Watercolor Month is a program for all artists to post a watercolor painting each day in the month of July
 to focus attention on watercolor painting 
and the need of art education for underprivileged children.  
See details here and join us.  It' not too late.



 I have seen so many beautiful watercolor paintings 
so I am hoping to improve my watercolor skills. 
 I have quite a long way to go. 
 I really think that I like working in acrylic better. 

 For one thing, watercolor changes as it dries. 
 It gets paler and puddles will leave unintended designs
 in a solid area of color. 
Sometimes these are sometimes interesting,
  but not always.
 The waterlily was done in colored inks.
They do not perform quite the same as watercolor
The yellow flowers have some acrylic on them.  
That was the only way I could get an intense yellow.


 Watercolor seems to work better for me in simple landscapes 
like this one of the Exxon industrial comple
located on the Houston Ship Chanel.

Thanks for viewing.
 Linking up to Paint Party Friday
See you there. 


   



Comments

  1. lovely banana painting! Acrylic is very forgiving, watercolour not so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I am finding out how unforgiving watercolor can be.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful watercolours! Love the layers on the banana painting!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pieces. The banana painting it's really wonderful!!

    Have a great day!
    Nora Clemens-Gallo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your painting of the bananas, very watercolour-y.
    I know what you mean about watercolour, it is annoying that it dries lighter and often looks different when dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. Yes, I sort of like my paint to look just like it does when I paint it. Oh well, we learn.

      Delete
  5. lovely watercolour work :)

    :( stupid latex allergy now means no more bananas for me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, who would think an allergy to latex would also include bananas. I guess their sticky sap is akin to the rubber tree. So sorry. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  6. Oh, bananas from the garden! I'm green :) And you've done them proud in your art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful paintings Fran! Your green Bananas look fantastic! Happy PPF :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little green bananas! I have the same annoyance with watercolors - I wish they stayed the same vibrant colours as when wet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sal. I have found that colored inks behave pretty much like watercolor but stay the same brilliant color. I did the waterlily with them and I think it is the most successful.

      Delete
  9. Wow- your water colors are gorgeous. And lucky you to have those bananas. I must be nice to walk out and get a bunch without having to take a trip to the grocery store. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ERica. Unfortunately they ripen all at once. Having to make mush for muffins with the last ones.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts