Little Things


I have been working on a piece larger
 than usual for me. 
More about that in a later post.
 It took all my "art" time" for about a week. 
 It is done now and I can work on small pieces which take only a few hours at the most and afford much needed quick gratification.

On Kate Powell's Facebook site, Virtual Sketchwalk,
 member Michael Gettys posted some fabulous photos
 from his trip to Oahu, Hawaii for members
 of the group to paint or draw. 
I have been to Hawaii.  The islands are so 
heavenly who could resist trying one's hand at 
drawing some of those great photos.
 I chose two of them to draw in ink 
and one other for a pencil work.

Palm Tress and Umbrellas, ink with background 
made with pastel pencil.
 
Fierce Hawaiian carving drawn with ink with a 
 background done in Prismacolor pencils.


 
Hawaiian Dancer done with No. 2 Paper Mate mechanical pencil
 with alcohol ink background.





I drew these three in a sketch book 
that my daughter gave me for Christmas last year.
I guess I could call them my Sketch Book Project.

Hop over to (00ps)
Paint Party Friday 
and check out this week's fabulous painters.





Comments

  1. Beautiful Hawaiian paintings. That yellow one with the palm trees is just divine. Take me there!
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can go again its a deal. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work. Wish I was there.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great variety...well done! Nice theme too! Very pretty!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous works, love them all, but especially love the Hawaiian dancer...you are so talented! Beautiful
    Happy PPF and thanks for visiting me too
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thanks to you.

      Delete
  5. You sure did catch the essence of Hawaii your drawing are lovely, my favorite is the palm trees though the Tiki god sure does stir the soul. Thank you for sharing your beautiful art and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sketches. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Theresa and thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. Your pieces look so alive; i luv the dancer best of the lot. I'm happy you dropped in at my blog.

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are wonderful! I especially love the dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your sketches and especially the sunset one.
    I too have been to Hawaii. Twice. Last time was in Honolulu 4 year ago. So i recognize the images :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a heavenly place. I have been only one time, to Maui. Love it.
      Thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  10. Wow, these are wonderful! So much more than sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What fantastic artwork! Happy PPF :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment