Friday, September 30, 2016

29 FACES IN SEPTMBER WRAP UP



Well, I did not quite make it for the full month of 
30 Faces for September.  
I have been devoting the majority of my painting time
 to the Annie Hammon class. 
 Annie teaches techniques using acrylic paint. 

Face #15


I love acrylics but painting faces and facial contours in acrylic is a bit challenging.
  I still have one more painting to finish from her class and one more exercise. 








 
This painting was poetry inspired.  I used the only line I could remember from poetry class in school, Lord Byron's poem "She Walks in Beauty Like the Night".





Faces #16, #17 and #18

The first face is a sketch that I made
 in preparation for one of Annie's lessons
 and the second one is the finished face.
However I have not finished the entire painting.
Number 18 is a sketch that I may use later in a painting.


Faces #19, 20, 21, 22 23 and 24

It is October!  
This morning, here in South Texas 
we actually felt a chill in the air!
So refreshing.
Numbers 19 - 24 are my current paintings 
for Halloween and El Dia de los Muertos.
Happy October and the beginning of Fall.
Linking with

8 comments:

  1. Luv the poem inspired face, happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful faces! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a fabulous painting. I agree painting faces with acrylics is challenging. You nailed it on this one though. Love all of your other faces too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning painting Fran, I've only just started playing with acrylic paints. I think I may have to do a few classes to learn more about using them.
    Congratulations on your portrait challenge... even if you didn't quite finish 30 it's still an incredible achievement.
    Happy PPF to you

    ReplyDelete

DRINK UP

April    Snooping around and found this  wonderful blog Altered Book Lovers and it's drinks challenge.   The little file cabi...