CATCHING UP AND ANNIE'S CLASS




Face #8 for 29 Faces

The entire painting














  



I am taking Annie Hamman's fabulous 
Soulful Story Art online class.
This is my first painting following her guidance. 
 The theme is Threads of My Life.  The photographs
 that I take are strung on a thread, 
my camera is in my hand
 and of course, there is my cat.


#9, 10, 11  and 12

These are some sketches of faces 
that will perhaps turn into ideas 
for some future paintings.

.
Face # 13
 My second painting in the course.
The theme was Land of Hope.
Somehow it turned rather Gaelic
with the tartan headscarf, tree of life
and ravens.

# 14  Siamese Kitten 
 A break from the people faces.
I love drawing animals.
This one is on a round wooden disk.
I made it for a series of magnets
that I am painting.


One evening we went to the Kemah Boardwalk
 to watch the pretty boats sail in and to see the lights. 
 These photos were taken with my cell phone.  
Ooooooo  Pretty colored lights.
















Comments

  1. Lots of fantastic work. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Siamese car is my very favourite!! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful piece, am sure the classes are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lovely to see your interpretation of Annie's class. I also signed up for this class, but I'm still catching up with watching the video's ... Your paintings are beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done just one at a time and am redoing the "Land of Hope". I have not done anything for the last one. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. This is such lovely, expressive work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work and original and creative!

    Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that drawing from your life idea...the cat stretching is fabulous... Grabbing at the string and branches I imagine!! Lovely faces too! Wonderful work!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow these are absolutely wonderful! I love the expressions and the colours you use

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the intensity of your photographer's portrait, and that kitty painting is very sweet. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photo painting is just beautiful and full of meaning. The colors the shading and the proportions are just perfect. The other faces and the kitty are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful art all of them. Especially the thread one. A portrait of ones soul it seems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic art and I love the kitty face.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment