The End of October

Paint Party Friday

I took part in the Inktober event last month
 and I actually finished it. 
 I found that I actually enjoyed drawing with pen. 
 I had always been afraid to because 
there is not much room for error
 but with a light pencil layout
 I found that a nice drawing was possible. 
 So, here they all are. 
Bear with me while I explain them a give credit where I can.


Some were inspired by suggested Inktober themes.  
The second one was "Collection".  The third one 
was "Hungry" and the fourth one was "Hidden".

 This is "Noise", "Sad", "Stone", "Broken", and the last one 
is from a photo of a puma statue that I took at the zoo,


Only one here was made to a suggested theme.  
The first was "Jump", the second is a sketch I thought 
I might make into a painting but didn't.  
Three was made from a photo taken by 
an online friend, Barbara King. 
Number four was a sketch for a watercolor 
and last was made from a photo that I took.  
Love sailboats but have not been able
 to draw one that looks like I want it to.

 Number one and three were drawn from photos found in Virtual Sketchwalk https://www.facebook.com/groups/1604434343140326/.  
The second was from the suggested theme list "Broken" 
and the last one is copied from my 
most favorite childrens' book, "Half Magic".


First "What You Find on the Sidewalk" 
 from my own collection of photos.
 Second a *vulture from a photo I found online.
 Three and four are from photos found on
 "Virtual Sketchwalk" and last the UT Austin tower 
from a photo taken by my daughter.


Another photo from "Virtual Sketchwalk".
A little prickly *hedgehog and a old *fisherman's cottage.
A little Pegasus based on a photo from 
"Horses Are Beautiful" and last, Happy Halloween 
based on a vintage photo found on "Fog Walking".
******
*None of these drawings were sold.  They were only for my own practice and for my blog.

 Linking to Paint Party Friday


Comments

  1. They are all amazing, Fran! It's hard to pic only one favourite so I'll choose three - Hidden, Puma, and Horses are Beautiful. Your portfoloio must be getting huge if you're not selling any of them! You should. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Insomniac. I think my fave is the Puma too.

      Delete
  2. wow Fran-these are just incredible-so finely detailed!! Truly impressive drawings. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is new to you, I'd say you have a natural talent with the pen and ink. These are so fantastic. That broken doll looks like mine when I left it outside in the weather as a little child. All show much creativity and talent. My favorite is the collection of cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye. That one was fun because I tried to give them each some unique characteristic.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this collection of drawings Fran. I like how you drew so many different things, including a few Halloween inspired pieces. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran each and everyone of these is masterful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are wonderful! I love them so much. You did amazingly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a challenge! My daughter did Inktober, maybe next year I will try. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lois. It is a very good exercise in determination and good practice too.

      Delete
  8. Wow, You are so talented!!!! I love them all. Great job:)
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Fran. I think your inked artwork looks great. I don't see any reason why you hesitated for using ink till now. When i look at the images i see that you are more confident about drawing portraits, creatures but hesitant about architecture and landscape.Maybe you are struggling a little bit with perspective.But nothing to worry about. Overall i enjoyed your collection.I really felt like walking through a real art gallery.Conratulations.Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts