28 FACES IN FEBRUARY



















A week of faces for  28 Faces in February 

A freckled boy with a very suspicious expression drawn with charcoal on a page painted with tinted gesso.  The splotches are made by sprinkling water drops on the wet paint.  After it dries, the page is blotted with a paper towel with removes the drops and the still wet paint under them.
Frida Kahlo, daring

  









Frida
drawn in charcoal on a white page that I washed with tinted gesso.





Determination





Bearded football player drawn with Ebony pencil and colored with colored Prismacolor pencils.

Who is he?


 
Steve Jobs, intelligent















Steve Jobs drawn with black and white charcoal on heavy brown paper from a grocery sack.  I love drawing on that stuff.


Leader






Indira Gandhi drawn with Ebony pencil on a page splashed with tinted and thinned gesso. 










I am feeling burned out so I loosened up.  A couple of scribbled drawings.  The "Medicine Woman" was drawn with in on a page my grand children had "drawn" on.  Thus we have a scribble on a scribble.  The second is a man with a very angry expression drawn with Sharpie pen on my fave, the grocery sack.

 
                                       
 Linking to Paint Party Friday   http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/2017/02/paint-party-friday-week-49-year-6-check.html
 Sketch a Day for 365 days.  https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/365sketch2017?source=feed_text&story_id=1807440502839708
And be sure to visit my art page at Paint n' Pencil

Comments

  1. I love how all of your faces are so different, in different media and so well done...what this challenge is all about. The boy is rather haunting...I could see this on the cover of a book. Medicine Woman has a lot of character and what can I say about Frida? LOVE her and you did a great job capturing her likeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impressive collection of portraits, well done. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an impressive project! Your faces are so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your portrait are great, I can identify all. The drawings are wonderful and impressive.
    Happy PPF ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grocery sacks? I have now heard it all! Your faces are very so expressive, especially the first one. And I love your scribble page. It has a lot of impact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your freckled boy painting! Such a cool technique! Your drawing of Steve is also wonderful! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that medicine woman! And Steve Jobs is amazing. So many great faces, love the different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive how you captured their emotions so well. I can read these faces perfectly!! Beautiful! Great variety of emotions too!! Well done!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your art. This time "Spring" is my favourite.
    Happy weekend ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts