SPRING




Linking to Paint Party Friday

                                                                                     
     It has been a month I think since I last posted.  I always think  of a confessional when I say this. 
What have I been doing all this time.  I wish I could make a painting every day like some people do, but I am slow and it is spring.  The beautiful mornings make it very difficult to stay indoors.

   









The lady above is one of my latest paintings done for the "Paint Your Heart and Soul" online  course. I used watercolor, which  I have traditionally avoided for various reasons. However, this one I am quite pleased with.  I call her "Listen To Your Inner Child". I did cheat a bit  by using opaque watercolors on some areas as well as some pastels.  
 


 "Blaze"
Drawn with colored pencil  from a photo by photographer Jeanne Tessier.  She follows a herd of mustangs of the 
Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota and takes wonderful photos of them. This handsome beast was one of the herd stallions which unfortunately crossed to greener pastures recently.



My Girls. 
 The black one is Desi and the little gray is Gizzi.
Acrylic paintings on 6x6 inch canvas.
  

 I do not have many flowers in my yard.
This is the flower of an aloe plant.
The flowers are quite small.  For these photos,
I used one of those lenses that you clip on a iPhone camera.


Beautiful moth on my deck.

Happy Easter every bunny.



Comments

  1. Wow! Your paintings are amazing. It's hard to believe that you avoid watercolors yet created "Listen to your Inner Child". She is beautiful! Your aloe blossom is wonderful. I never knew that aloe plants had blossoms. Great post altho' the bunny doesn't seem too happy with the chicks, lol! Hugz Rasz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rasz. I appreciate your visit.

      Delete
  2. Your watercolor (plus) painting is so beautiful. And I am totally blown away by the great painting of Blaze. Wow! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments Faye.

      Delete
  3. The paintings are fantastic, each and every one. Great photos, too. Happy PPF and happy Easter, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Fran, you've had a wonderfully creative month - I'm totally in awe of your creations. Listen to your Inner Child is so gorgeous and I love everything about her. Your animal studies are beautifully done. I can see the love you have for your garden and so there must be enough time for that in your life, I certainly agree. We must all go at our own pace and be happy. It's so lovely to catch up with you once more. Cheers now and have a lovely Easter :D) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue for your sweet comments.

      Delete
  5. beautiful paintings Fran! You did a super job with the class painting. It IS hard to get alot of art done when the weather gets so nice. But you managed quite well. Great photos too. Happy PPF and happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely art. thanks for the super post.
    Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all but the horse is the best I think. And, that poor bunny... somebody rescue him!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No wonder your artwork takes so long they are stunning!! Listen to your inner child and the Horse are fabulous. Love the two different styles of your cat. One a bit more serious and the other very colourful and fun!!Great expression!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Listen to Your Inner Child is beautiful. So is the moth. :) Happy Easter, Fran. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fran I have really missed you and your art. It is just breath taking. The horse, well like I said breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of the paintings are great but Blaze is my favorite. Horses are so difficult to capture and you have his proportions perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts