July is gone

Into the Woods, Acrylic on cardboard

Texas Wildflowers, acrylic on canvas

California Missions

Challenge

I Dreamt of Ponies
The best of what I did this month, at least in my opinion.

The three called "California Missions" are small ink drawings colored with acrylic. I burned the edges and glued them to hand painted paper.  A lady in the UK bought them.  I hope she likes them and has good memories of a visit to the US. 

"Challenge" is a mixed media of a pencil drawing on a background of textured acrylic.  The shield is Ebony black pencil and gold liquid leaf over regular gold leaf sheets.  That stuff is awful to work with.  I had an idea of make a series of drawings with gold or silver leaf backgrounds, but am having second thoughts.

Did you ever make a painting that did not impress you very much but it turns out to be liked by others?  That is the story of "I Dreamt of Ponies".  My original idea for the painting failed...big time.  So I changed direction and added the ponies cut from hand painted paper and posted it for sale immediately.  It sold almost as soon as I posted it.  So much for my opinion.  

Linking to: 
Paint Party 

Comments

  1. You have created oodles of goodness this month, well done on such a wonderful array. Happy PPF, have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous, beautiful art. Happy PPF xx

      Delete
  2. So many goodies to enjoy, Fran. I love the expression on her face in I dream of ponies. And into the woods is so beautifully painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beauties..into the woods though is my fav...so magical...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy. I like it best too.

      Delete
  4. All the time, I hate my paintings and then somebody comes along and loves them. Guess it's in the beholders eye. And, I recently sold several of my paintings and it was such a delight. I sort of like that part of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although it is said your art should be for you, it is very affirming when others like it too.

      Delete
  5. It would be very difficult to pick a favorite. All are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are incredibly talented!! All gorgeous work...my favourite being the Texas Wildflowers! Yes my family likes pieces I don't...and don't like certain ones I love! Art and style is all so subjective!! Congratulations on the sale...the horse is wonderful, especially if you are a horse person!!
    Great visit thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the first one. Feet in the woods. Looks so fresh and positive :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts